We prioritize residency applications as follows:
1) Individual Artist
2) Collaborative Group: A group of two or three artists looking to do concentrated collaborative work on a project.
3) Co-working Group: A group of two or three artists who are not collaborating, but would like to share residency time and space together.
• Open to national and international artists (if you are an international artist please arrange for your visa ahead of time, at this moment we cannot provide visa assistance)
• Artists enrolled in academic programs of MFA or higher are welcome to apply
• Artists not enrolled in academic programs are welcome to apply
• One residency is reserved for Otis College of Art and Design Alumni
• Alternative Worksite encourages artists of all backgrounds to apply for the residency. The program strives for a wide range of applicants and accepts artists of diverse backgrounds, career stages, ages and geographical origin.
• Wheelchair accessible.
• Visual Art, including painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, photography, mixed media and installation art
• Performance, including performance art, choreography, multi-media and/or collaborative works incorporating live performance
• Film & Video, including narrative, experimental films, animation and screenplays
• Art professionals, including art critics, art writers, curators, philosophers and theorists alike
Small groups (2 or 3 individuals) are encouraged to apply, and must apply as a group. Work samples may support individual practice or previous collaborations.